Vlog: Grocery shopping in the USA!
(If you're a subscriber and you didn't get an e-mail about this video, it's because you didn't selected "I'm interested in ... Life in the USA and American culture" or "I'm learning ... English" in your subscriber options.)
As you requested in the survey a couple weeks ago, here is a video in English showing daily life in the USA.
You asked for less videos where I'm talking to the camera and more out in the world. So that's what we tried to do!
Please let me know what you think of the video! Do you want more like this?
(Click here to help work on the subtitles or translate them into another language!)
Read more for a full transcript!
- David Snopek here
- Doing a video today in English
- I did a survey on my blog a couple of weeks ago
- And it turns out that almost everybody wants me to record videos in English
- So, today we're going to go shopping
- One of the most requested videos is that I show things from daily life in the United States
- And shopping
- And the price of bread and eggs and different daily products
- So, we're going to go shopping
- Here's our list of things we're going to get
- We're going to get some milk, bread, eggs and chedder cheese
- So, the store we're going to doesn't charge for plastic bags
- But they do give you a discount if you bring in your old plastic bags
- We're just going to bring our own bag with us
- I that in some states it's actually the law that they don't give you plastic bags
- Or that they charge you money for plastic bags
- When we were in Poland, I remember a couple of stores charging us for plastic bags
- Anyway, we're bringing our own bag!
- Alright, let's go!
- So, here we are at the store
- We're very lucky to live near such a big store
- I personally don't really like big stores
- Because there's too many products and I always get lost
- But it's much cheaper
- So that's why we come here
- And that's why we're lucky to live so close
- Ok, we got to go find the milk
- Remember to check them
- Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah
- Yeah, the eggs are all good
- So, these are the organic eggs that we like
- They're probably the most expensive possible eggs
- You can see some cheaper ...
- So, people are always sending me emails, saying that the bread in the United States is terrible
- And that the bread in Poland is so much better
- We were in Poland for a while and we ate plenty of Polish bread
- And it was very tasty
- But I don't think all the bread in the United States is terrible
- Some of this bread right here in this aisle is absolutely terrible
- This is the cheapest bread that money could buy
- And there is a whole row of it
- However, we don't ever eat this bread!
- We only eat the good bread
- So, I definitely think it's possible to find good bread in the United States
- Alright, we're back!
- We have our products
- I was kind of nervous filming that
- I was worried they were going to kick us out
- The last time we recorded in a grocery store, they kicked us out
- But everything went great
- Thanks so much for watching
- Please let me know if you like this type of video
- This is sort of new for me
- Usually, I record my videos in Polish
- Here's one in English, out in the world
- So, let me know in the comments
- Thank you, good bye!